Our teeth are naturally strong, but that doesn't mean they are completely indestructible. We understand that dental accidents can occur, and enjoying life can often lead to dental wear or blemishes in your smile.
Having a perfect smile is no longer out of reach with Dr. Milana on your side. Our team at Arcadia Dentistry can make it possible and affordable for you to revive your oral health so you can smile with confidence. One way we help patients reach their smile goals is through cosmetic dentistry, specifically tooth bonding.
What Is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a simple, painless treatment that allows the dentist to reshape or repair damaged or discolored teeth. Your dentist uses a strong composite resin (called “bonding”) to reshape or reconstruct the tooth, so it looks natural and restores your tooth’s function.
Tooth bonding is an in-and-out procedure that can mend teeth in a single office visit. If you have chipped, fractured, stained, or decayed teeth, tooth bonding may be the treatment for you!
What’s the Treatment Process?
Tooth bonding doesn’t typically require anesthesia unless your dentist is also filling a cavity, drastically altering the tooth’s appearance, or the damage is near a nerve.
- The first stage of the process includes choosing the shade of composite resin the dentist will use. Using a special dental color chart, Dr. Milana will help you pick a shade that best suits your smile.
- Dr. Milana prepares the tooth for bonding by gently removing trace amounts of enamel and applying the bonding agent. Removing some of the enamel helps the bonding agent and composite stick.
- Dr. Milana applies and shapes the composite resin to the tooth, so it looks natural and beautiful.
- He dries the resin with an ultra-safe UV light and polishes the tooth to look shiny and blend in with your smile.
- Together, you both evaluate the look and feel of your new smile so that he can make any necessary changes to the tooth's shape.
- Your new smile is complete!
What Are the Benefits of Tooth Bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding creates a barrier between your teeth and the outside world. In this way, the bonding protects teeth from developing stains or sustaining further damage.
Tooth bonding has several benefits, such as:
- Repairs brittle or broken teeth
- Conceals stains and discoloration
- Strengthens teeth and adds durability
- Helps protect teeth from damage or decay
- Reshapes asymmetrical teeth
- Lengthens short teeth
Bonding is also long-lasting, and it helps protect your teeth against bacteria. However, you must still practice good oral hygiene and visit your dentist for exams and cleanings to keep your smile healthy and white.
Stunning Cosmetic Dentistry in Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Milana is a skilled and artful cosmetic dentist who can repair damaged teeth and conceal flaws in your smile. With our help, you can finally attain the beautiful, healthy smile you have always wanted. To learn more about tooth bonding or book your consultation, please contact our Phoenix dental office today!