Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, means a series of infections in the tissues and ligaments that support your teeth. Without treatment, gum disease can cost you your smile and influence your overall wellness.
Studies have linked it to:
- Hearth health complications
- Lung and respiratory issues
- Low birth weight in babies
- Premature labor
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Fortunately, your Phoenix dentist can treat gum disease to lower your risks for serious complications. However, it’s important to remember that gum disease is preventable even if it is hereditary in some families. In other words, healthy habits can mitigate your risks even if you have a family history of gum disease.
Healthy habits include:
- Brushing and flossing twice daily or after each meal
- Visiting your dentist every six months for checkups and teeth cleanings
- Quitting cigarettes and tobacco in all forms
- Reporting oral health changes to your dentist promptly
Gum disease starts as a curable condition called gingivitis. Regular dental checkups allow your dentist to catch gum disease in this early stage for the best results.
For Gum Disease Treatment in Phoenix, Contact Us
We provide gentle and compassionate gum disease treatment and emphasize early diagnosis. To learn more or to get started, give us a call today.